... because I believe all of life's moments should be photo-documented along the way. So why not spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours making them look pretty?

Monday, May 16, 2011

nerd-tastic

I'm super geeky-excited about the project I am just starting... for my 30th birthday, my hubby surprised me with a trip to Orlando with my sister to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Harry Potter scrapbook pages?!?  Oh yes!

I have a lovely purple leather album that I thought I would use... but I just couldn't bring myself to use an album that wasn't the same beautiful scarlet as the Hogwarts Express.  So I got this one instead.
D-ring, so I can add lots and lots of pages easily :)  
Now, come to find out, Harry Potter scrapbook supplies aren't exactly easy to find.  I made a fantastic discovery in www.scrapyourtrip.com.  While most stores or sites have a little bit of everything, they have "everything of a little bit"- everything you could want for travel, vacation, or location scrapbooking, including super-specifics like Disney Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Sea World, and yes, Harry Potter :)  Plus their S&H is very reasonable.  Super friendly service too!  I can't say enough good things about SYT.

So here's my first Potter page... complete with my very own Hogwarts acceptance letter!  (Yup... I'm really THAT nerdy.)
 I used the paper "frame" from my overpriced-but-had-to-have ride photo and put a clear pocket in it to hold the letter... that way you can see the letter, plus when you take it out of the pocket the WWoHP logo shows through.

I did a layout of the resort we stayed at with CTMH's Twitterpated paper pack, one of my favorites:
 Can't wait to get my hands on all those Potter photos and supplies at my weekly Monday night scrap session tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment